Sunday, December 21, 2014

Army jacket lovin'


Life has truly been a whirlwind since summer! With starting up school again, getting back into high school soccer, and attempting to begin training for my first half marathon I have been left with very little time to post about what I love (fashion).  Luckily now that I have my life in order and winter break on the way I have made it my new years resolution to post on a weekly basis, and I plan on sticking to that vow.  
As I said before time flies! It is already winter, and Christmas is right around the corner.  To go along with my life my wardrobe has not truly been up dated for winter weather just yet (which in Cali isn't really a problem because our winters are far from freezing).  None-the-less I have been adding warmer pieces to my fall/summer wardrobe to help keep me from turning into an icicle and still allow for me to save money during the holiday season.  By reusing pieces I wore during the warmer months I not only save money but can also look cute and warm all at the same time.  I figured the most popular winteresque item would have to be an army jacket.  I wear my olive, aztec printed jacket all the time. Its the perfect jacket to be able to just throw on and know it will keep you warm in any kind of weather.  I also love the knit aztec pattern on the back that adds a pop of color and a unique twist to the everyday army jacket.  I paired my jacket with a top I wore all summer with fringe detail and lace overlay, maroon skinny jeans, and an 80's inspired floppy hat.  
I recently wore this outfit to look at lights on Candy Cane lane.  It kept me warm and I got many compliments on my jacket and floppy hat.  This outfit would also be perfect for a day in the city, going ice skating, or simply christmas shopping at the mall.  xoxo












Shirt by marshals / Jeans by Jc penney / Army jacket by Nordstrom / Shoes by Target / Floppy hat by nordstrom / Necklace by World market / Charm bracelets by Alex and ani

 
Oh my gosh! I almost forgot... I was taking these pictures down by the creek near my house in honor of it raining and the creek now having water (since for the past couple of months it had dried up), I guess other people were excited about the rain too.  So much so that someone forgot their blue boxers down by the waters edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment