Sunday, January 4, 2015

Starting the New Year with a throw back


For the past couple of days I have been at home with the flu, and unfortunately started the New Year being sick.  So for New Year I spent the night relaxing and snuggled up.  Today I just started to feel a bit better, and thought what better way to start the new year but with a throw back? Lately I have been seeing a lot of people rocking the 1920's look, especially with hats from that decade.  For the past couple of months I have been eyeing 20's style hats that are all over, but just could not force myself to splurge on (especially since it was Christmas time and I was focused on buying presents for others).  Luckily I have an awesome sister who read my mind and got me the hat I had been wanting from Cost Plus World Market.  At first I struggled with an outfit to pair with the hat because I wanted to incorporate the 20's inspiration, but I did not want to look dated like I had just come straight out of the roaring 20's.  I debated jeans or leggings but decided on a delicate dress in the end.  I love the mix of edgy and clean cut with the soft and flowy aspects of the outfit.  For this year I hope to incorporate more flash back and vintage items into my wardrobe and share them with you guys.














Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment